We have prepared the basic two and half day long avalanche course for you and after taking it, you will be able to work with avalanche beacon, probe and shovel.You will learn something about avalanche prevention, how to make and analyse the snow profile, what the tests of the snow stability are and how to use them in practice for your safety. After the course you will know what to do during and after avalanche accident and also how to be a useful rescuer instead of useles by-stander.
Schedule of course
The dates and details of each course can be find with the help of the left-sided menu. All the other information needed about our avalanche courses can be find on our web-site.
The Course Program
1. Friday (evening) – presentation, snow, creating of avalanches, prevention, avalanche locator theory
2. Saturday (morning) – practice in terrain- rescue of a man hit by avalanche
(afternoon) – practice in terrain (snow profile, stability tests
(evening) – presentation/ planning of the trip considering terrain and avalanche situation (risk, strategy, decision), first aid (theory+practical experience)
3. Sunday– practice in terrain, ski-trips with practicing of each topic, rescue action
Equipment and tools needed
– avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, extra baterries
– skis, skins, ski-boots, ski-poles (or snowboard, snow-shoes),
– proper clothing,
– notepad, pen
Notes: We can help you arrange rent of equipment.