Ski touring – Tatra Haute Route
Ski-mountaineering crossing of High Tatras
Like Alps, High Tatras also have its typical seasonal crossing. Although Tatras are much smaller, difficulty but mostly beauty of the crossing through Tatra passes is comparable with those in Alps.
We invite you to the winter crossing of our “Tatra way in elevation.” Fulfill your wish or maybe dream to cross High Tatras on skis. Steep ascents, never-ending descents but also unforgettable experience is awaiting for you.
Time: March – April
Location: High Tatras
Price: 136 EUR/person (+ costs for accommodation and dining in cottages – cca 60 EUR)
Number of persons: 10 max.
Participation will be definitely confirmed by us with e-mail after receiving deposit payment.
Deposit of 30 EUR is required and needs to be sent to the following bank account nr.: 2916827517/1100 (please write your date of birth as the variable symbol)
Arrival to the cottage of Popradske Pleso, easy hike in the surroundings of the cottage, checking of actual conditions, avalanche rescue training
Cottage of Popradske Pleso – Vychodna Zelezna brana – Gerlachovske spady – Kacacia dolina – Litvorova dolina – Prielom – Zbojnicka cottage
-length 9 km, ascent 1500 m, descent 900 m
-programme in cottage: extemporary transport equipment
Zbojnicka cottage – Priecne sedlo – Teryho cottage – Baranie sedlo – Cottage of Zelene Pleso – Biela Voda – bus stop
– length: 15 km, ascent 800 m, descent 1900 m
– programme: cottage of Zelene Pleso – small party + surprise
– ski-mountaineering of free-ride equipment (skis with ski-mountaineering bindings, ski boots, ski-ties, ski-poles, we recommend also ski touring crampons)
– avalanche set (locator, probe and showel)
– crampons (for climbing or ski-mountaineering), ice-axe (for ski-mountaineering or touristic one)
– harness (for climbing or ski-mountaineering)
– ski or climbing helmet
– backpack (30 -35 l, with ability to bind skis)
– proper clothing (also extra clothing: gloves, hat, socks)
– bottle for drink (min. 1 liter) or camelback
– headlamp, extra batteries
Comment: most of the equipment can be lent on agreement
Recommended equipment: first-aid-kit, sunscreen, sunglasses, energy bars, slippers for cottage.
Highly recommended: personal insurance!!!
This is also available in: Slovak